Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Antepiphany!

Hello everybody!

Basically, I'm sitting next to Lloyd right now and he just said he was glad that nobody posted on the blog yet. So, I decided to post something to spite him. I'll keep it short, sweet, and helpful. While I was reading for this class I found myself struck with the feeling of near-insight. I would read something and it would almost make sense but then the author would skip off to another concept leaving me bereft. (Yeaaaah, look at me using some vocab) 

Anyway, this happened a lot to me and to my mother who I subjected to the reading as well. (Misery loves company) We came up with the word antepiphany. Logically, we should have made it hyphenated, ante-epiphany, but that doesn't roll out of the mouth as smoothly. 

This is our word for that unsure feeling. When you know you understand it but you also know you haven't fully grasped the concept at least not enough to explain it to someone.

I look forward to suffering from multiple antepiphanies with you all! (Now that just sounds like a severe illness...of the butt.)

Iris k. Foxx

1 comment:

  1. Hello class,

    This response is solely based on the fact that Iris totally put me on blast and should not therefore be read as anything more than my brief involvement with the texts and then Iris hate. You have been warned!

    After reading through the assignments, I can agree that there is a very loose definition of our class basis going on here in that the authors know enough about the subject to have something to say and thus we should know enough to follow their 'logical' arguments. I find myself without any kernel of 'truth' if you will to hold onto as the ideas behind and around popular culture are analyzed. The critics themselves may not know what it means but certainly know how to spot it.

    I do find myself in need of some basic understanding to hold onto however, as we begin our discussion and then move into the depths of our fandoms.

    If there is only one thing you take away from this comment (after my warning you off in the beginning; always trust a disclaimer) it is that I'm a boss ass bitch and Iris is a casual,
    Lloyd T-Taylor

    ReplyDelete