Saturday, May 3, 2014

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

en.wikipedia.org
When we were talking about the first book in class I described how I felt that I have to force my way through this text. Which is true, but I didn't mean that I don't like the story. I find the first book to be slow and hard to read, but I also think it is completely necessary to the rest of the series.

 It took me a while to get into the series because I started with Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone. I tried numerous times to read it, but couldn't do it. I eventually stared with the fourth book, Goblet of Fire, and felt the text begin to speed up, and the situations mature a little, which made it easier for me to read. I went back and read all the books starting at the beginning, and found that I liked the first one as part of a collective story. I liked how we can see from the beginning who characters are, and their relationships with one another, which then allows readers to see how those relationships evolve.

I ended up really loving the series, and would place The Sorcerer's Stone in my top three favorite behind the Order of the Phoenix (my second favorite), and my first favorite, The Prisoner of Azkaban.


http://creativityscorner.net

1 comment:

  1. I had the same initial problem with the text as you did though in a slightly different manner. The first book I can remember checking out of my school library was Prisoner of Azkaban. I thought it was fascinating and after the two weeks I spent not reading it, I renewed it and then read it. At this point, I had heard about the series in a sparse manner. I tried reading Sorcerer's Stone then and found that I just didn't want to. I read Chamber, then Goblet and Order of the Phoenix before finally going back to the first one and reading it.

    It didn't really interest me the first time I picked it up and soon after i saw the movie so I was OK moving on.

    ReplyDelete