Sunday, February 16, 2014

Computer Rage

So this weekend I’ve tried again and again to watch Star Wars Uncut and it has yet to work for me, resulting in an insane amount of computer rage on my part. Computer rage is essentially like road rage for some people—just…so… much…anger!!

For whatever reason, I do not get road rage, I can sit in traffic and not care…I figure I’ll eventually get where I’m going. On the other hand, computer rage is the bane of my existence. When I know my computer or technical device is capable of completing a simple function and it fails to do so—so much anger happens! I am typically a very passive person, but computers not doing what they are supposed to in a timely manner, well that makes me aggressive, very aggressive, wookie aggressive.

At this point, I am taking a break from trying to download the video. I assume my computer has issues because it is a long video. The saying “a watched pot never boils” apparently does not apply to computers…they are much needier. My computer wants me to watch it SLOWLY download the content and if I turn away for the slightest of moments any downloaded material disappears and it wants to restart the entire process. That little buffering symbol has caused me so much rage!
 
http://static.raymond.cc/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/buffering-icon.png

After this blog post my computer and I are taking a break from each other…I think it is important for our relationship to step back for the time being. During this time I hope my computer thinks about what it wants from our relationship…he needs to consider his role and keep up his end of the bargain…if he likes us together, likes how I gently press his keys, likes how I spend so much time with him, well he needs to stop being such a slacker or else he’ll find himself crashing through a window or ripped in half.

He needs to decide if he wants this...
 
http://www.geenalee.com/thelovezone/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/computerlove_jpg.jpg

or this...
http://www.buzzle.com/img/articleImages/562748-10326-49.jpg


I called the cable company and they state that Point of Rocks is basically “no man’s land” when it comes to the internet. The representative stated that Point of Rocks is on the edge of the internet flow (or whatever) and the only way to improve connection is to build another tower closer to Point of Rocks…yeah like that’s going to happen anytime soon…I’ll be sure to get right on that. Sheesh, some people are so helpful.

I was able to watch maybe 3-5 minutes, I made it past the opening credits and saw a few 15 second snippets, but alas no more than that when Mr. Computer wanted to re-buffer and start the download process over. Ughhhh!!

For now it’s time for a couple deep breaths and a relaxing shower, then I’ll try again…hopefully with a better response from my computer.

1 comment:

  1. oh no! try the youtube version if the vimeo does not work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ezeYJUz-84

    ReplyDelete