Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sorting Myself









I decided to finally take a quiz to see which house I’d be sorted into at Hogwarts… Well, I went a little overboard and took a total of 4 quizzes to see if I was consistently placed in the same house. I assumed I would be placed into Hufflepuff…remembering my life from high school where I was a bit of a lovable outcast and pretty average overall.

I took my 1st test at www.TheAlmightyGuru.com and got Gryffindor! I wasn’t expecting this…I’m not particularly brave or adventurous. But hey, maybe I would be in the right situation…

I then took my 2nd sorting quiz at www.BuzzFeed.com and got Slytherin. I am totally ok with this. I do feel I am ambitious, but I am fairly morally centered. I do look out for me and my needs first and foremost and I think it is perfectly fine to behave this way.

I figured the 3rd test would be the deciding factor…I’d find out if I’m a true Gryffindor or Slytherin… but after taking a quiz at http://quizzes.familyeducation.com/ I was placed into Ravenclaw. Now, I do mean to toot my own horn, and I very much like to think I am an intelligent person. I love learning and deciding to go back to school to finish my degree was the best decision I ever made. I love school. I love knowing things. I love knowing things other people don’t even more. I’m known at my office as a “know-it-all” and I’ve been told I occasionally lord my intelligence over people…but it’s not my fault if other people are stupid or feel stupid after talking with me.

Now obligated to take a 4th (and decidedly last quiz) I went to http://www.allthetests.com/. I finally got a placed in the same house as one of the other quizzes… as it turns out I am in fact a Ravenclaw. 


5 comments:

  1. It frustrates me to no end how different all of the quizzes are. There are just too many quizzes! That's why I just stick with the house the "official" quiz on Pottermore put me in. I would suggest trying that one. You have to make an account, but it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the "official" quiz is better, but it reminds me of our last class about whether something being "official" is important. I think that as a fan, I tend feel the official sites and products are more authentic to the world of the story. Exploring fanfic and looking at non-official sites is fun, but mentally I feel it's easier to associate the official sites with the story.

      Delete
  2. I think it is so interesting how people determine what house they are, at the very least subconsciously. Like if I were to take a test and it gave me Gryffindor, I'd be like, "Whaaat? That's not right." In my own mind I've decieded that I am a Hufflepuff.

    It makes me think. If we do that, imagine what the kids in Hogwarts have to face. Does the sorting hat just put them in where the child themselves have decided they will be? Does it read their soul and decide, "Yeah, you've been waiting your whole life to sit at the Ravenclaw table but I can see into your subconscious and you are totes a Slytherin. LOL, bye.". Like, can you imagine? That child would have to reassess their entire existence because their conscious house doesn't seem to match the one the sorting hat decides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny! When I did the Pottermore quiz, I was placed into Ravenclaw, and when I did the "All the Pottermore questions quiz" I was still placed into Ravenclaw. That's how I identify. I think I was a Gryffindor at some point as well.

    The sorting hat does take into consideration the desires of the student. Harry could have very well been placed in Slytherin, but he chose Gryffindor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the interesting thing about all of these quizzes is that we're all so desperate to House ourselves. The system, which is completely illogical and helped create a prejudicial society, is based on a Sorting Hat that we know can either scan memories, personality traits or a mix of both.and can hear the wearer.

    Telling children that they are one thing before they're even allowed to be people yet is cruel and just another method of Wizarding indoctrination. In the beginning of Hogwarts, this system made sense. Each founder probably had apprentices, each house full of young witches and wizards learning directly from one of the four. After they all died/left the school this became obsolete but the Wizarding World of Britain clearly does not know the idea of letting go.

    ReplyDelete